Toronto is a city of culture, art, and diversity.
It is a city of neighborhoods, local hang-outs, unexpected run-ins with friends, new and old. The University of Toronto is the foundation of the Annex and Chinatown neighbourhoods, where students, staff, and faculty are an integral part of these communities. Our big city is a patchwork of people and places that are quilted together by transportation options to connect you to your next adventure. Whether biking along a bike lane, riding our public transportation system known as the TTC, or hailing a taxi, our wonderful winter weather won't impede your exploration. Each neighborhood within this city has its own dynamic and personality. We invite you to discover your Toronto.
Recommendations by some local Torontonians: M.M.
- Best restaurant: Foxley
- Best brunch: Saving grace
- Best shoe store: Chase Gardee
- Best coffee: The Common
- Best antique finds: St. Lawrence Sunday Market
Recommendations by B.S. native-born Torontonian:
- Best Sichuan (Szechwan): Spadina Garden
- Best small museum: Textile Museum of Canada
- Best coffee house: Manic Coffee
- Favourite public library to sit and read in: S. Walter Stewart branch
- Favourite Discovery Walk to get to see the city & nature: Don Valley Hills & Dales
Recommendations by K.S.
- Best bike store: Curbside Cycle
- Best gourmet vegan restaurant: Fressen
- Best view of the city: Park Hyatt Rooftop Lounge
- Best vegetarian greasy spoon: Sadies
- Best location for people watching: Dundas Square
Recommendations by E.S.
- Best dim sum: Asian Legend - 418 Dundas St. W. location
- Best classical music performance on period instruments: Tafelmusik
- Best bead store: Arton Beads
- Best paper crafts store: The Paper Place
- Best general art supplies store: Curry's
Recommendations by A.B.
- Best Canadian cuisine (just around the corner from the Marriot!): Bannock
- Best must-see for the hockey fan: Hockey Hall of Fame
- Best funhouse/department store: Honest Ed’s
- Best place to buy tea: DAVIDsTEA
- Best pub: C’est What?
Recommendations by I.S.
- Best park in the city: High Park
- Best place to pretend to be Royalty: Casa Loma
- Best variety of drinks: The Distillery District
- Best hand-crafted chocolates: Soma Chocolate
- Best view of downtown from ground level: Polson Pier
Recommendations by A.F.
- Best bookstore: BMV
- Best desserts: Cafe Mania
- Best restaurant: Guu
- Best buffet: Biriyani House
- Best area to explore: China Town
Recommendations by N.S